Hey church family we are excited that we can begin opening the doors for worship again!
However, as we do so it will look different for a while until we have an all clear signal to fully open.
One of Governor Abbot’s mandates to follow in reopening public gatherings is not exceeding 25% capacity.
Our capacity is realistically around 800 people so our cap will be 200 people.
As we open the doors for gathering there are several guidelines we need to follow. I ask that you read them and help us by being patient, compliant and understanding as we begin to make this move to reopen.
Procedures for Opening the Church Doors:
1. If you or your family is planning on attending either the 8 am or 10:30 am service we ask that you call the office at 281-499-0594 or email us at email@example.com
and let us know the following:
a. How many are in your attending party
b. Which service will you attend (8 am or 10:30 am)
This will give us some idea of what to expect
2. We will use BOTH entrances in the back parking lot and front parking lot
3. There will be taping on the ground under the covering to space parties at 6ft distances as you are waiting to be seated in the sanctuary.
4. Our greeters will open and close the doors so no one has to touch them.
5. Our ushers will assist each party in finding a place to sit.
6. We have removed every other row to help accommodate a 6 ft. distance between each party.
7. Each party will need to skip 2 chairs between the other parties to help maintain 6 ft. distancing on each row.
8. We are requiring that you wear a mask to attend the service ….. no mask no entrance.
9. We will have hand sanitizer at each entrance to help with keeping hands clean and sanitized.
10. Parties who come together may sit together (whether you’re the same household or not). If you came with a friend you may sit together but you will represent a party and will need to maintain 6 ft. distancing from the other parties.
11. There will be no bible connection classes, nursery or children’s church at this time. Children and youth will sit with their families.
12. Again maintain social distancing …. Use common sense and if you don’t feel well stay home and watch the stream.
13. If you are in the high risk category … please remain at home and join us by streaming.
14. As you enter the building at either the front or back entrance, you may drop off your tithes and offerings in the wooden offering receptacles that will be present at both doors.
15. We would also ask all parties to not linger in the auditorium after the service but exit the building once the service in concluded. We will use a closing song and have the ushers lead each group out in an orderly fashion.
Thanks for your understanding at this time. We have come through a lot to get to this point. Stay the course and we will see this through. We have come too far to just throw caution to the wind. Please be patient and understanding as we move forward with these steps to get things reopened and life moving forward again.
God Bless You!
Hope to see you Sunday!